Our resources section aims to provide you with a consolidated view of all major activities undertaken by UNHCR Canada. It is an information tool for our partners and for other individuals who wish to follow our work in Canada.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THOSE WISHING TO SEEK ASYLUM IN CANADA FROM US BORDER (قراءة باللغة العربية) (en español)
- UNHCR Canada Factsheet (March 2017)
- Canada Resettlement Facts (April 2017)
- Detention of Asylum Seekers and Alternatives to Detention in Canada (April 2017)
- Detention of Children Seeking Asylum in Canada (April 2017)
- The Refugee Claims Process in Canada (June 2017)
- UNHCR Population Statistics Database – a breakdown of numbers of people of concern (refugees, asylum seekers, displaced, stateless persons) in each country.
- UNHCR Global Focus Database – detailing UNHCR operations worldwide (broken down by region, country and theme). Also details UNHCR financial information, budgets and donor contribution information.
- REFWorld – UNHCR’s database containing country information, national laws and regulations, case law, policy documents, handbooks and training manuals. (REFWorld también está disponible en español).
- Canadian Refugee Status Determination Process (December 2013)
- UNHCR Statement Relating to Bill C-425, An Act to amend the Citizenship Act (honouring the Canadian Armed Forces), Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration (26 March 2013)
- UNHCR welcomes positive elements in the Canadian refugee reform, as Bill C-31, Protecting Canada’s Immigration System Act, receives Royal Assent Press Release (29 June 2012)
- UNHCR Submission on Bill C-31 (May 2012)
- The Standing Senate Committee on Social Affairs, Science and Technology Evidence (18 June 2012)
- UNHCR Presentation before the Standing Senate Committee on Social Affairs, Science and Technology (18 June 2012)
- The Standing Parliamentary Committee on Citizenship and Immigration Evidence (7 May 2012)
- Supreme Court of Canada, Ezokola vs. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), Docket:34470, Factum of the Intervener, The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (17 December 2012)
- UNHCR welcomes the Supreme Court judgment in Ezokola Press Release (19 July 2013)
- Supreme Court of Canada, Febles vs. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), Docket:35215, Factum of the Intervener, The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (11 March 2014)
- Litigating Refugees:An Empirical Examination of Trends in Canadian Federal Court Jurisprudence Prior to Refugee Reform and Legal Analysis of Common Issues Against International Norms (November 2013)
- B010 v. Minister of Citizenship and Immigration (No. 35388), Jesus Rodriguez Hernandez v. Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness (No. 35677), B306 v. Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness (No. 35685) and J.P. et al. v. Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness (No. 35688) – Factum of the Intervener, The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (2 February 2015)
Detention / Alternatives to Detention
- Bill C-31, Protecting Canada’s Immigration System Act Groupes de discussion auprès des demandeurs d’asile ayant revendiqué le statut de réfugié après le 15 décembre 2012 (Montréal, 21 août 2013)
- The Impact of the Lack of Legal Representation in the Canadian Asylum Process (6 November 2012)
- Compatibility of the 1954 Convention relating to the Status of Stateless Persons in Canada’s Legal Framework and its International Human Rights Obligations Researched and written for UNHCR by Gregg Erauw (June 2015)
- Rapport du Séminaire du HCR : L’apatridie dans le monde et dans le contexte canadien – Montréal (5 octobre 2012)
- Proceedings of a Roundtable on Statelessness: Statelessness in the World and in the Canadian Context – Ottawa (14 June 2012)
- Statelessness in the Canadian Context – an updated Discussion Paper (March 2012)
Resettlement and Integration
- Research Summary on Resettled Refugee Integration in Canada (2 May 2011)
- Refugee Integration: Key concerns and areas for further research (23 December 2011)
- A BOOK OF Poems: Expressions from our Youth (June 2011)