More than 50,000 Burundians have fled to neighbouring countries since mid-April. Many say they experienced intimidation and threats of violence linked to the upcoming elections.
Areas of interest
Asylum Seekers Burundi Canada CAR Children DRC Education Emergency Response Europe Facebook Food Crisis Greece Health HIV/AIDS Hungary Iraq Kenya Mediterranean Mosul Myanmar nansen nansen award Nepal Earthquake Nigeria Nobody Left Outside Olympics Paralympics Philippines Rebuilding Lives refugees Resettlement Rohingya South Sudan Statelessness Syria Team Refugee team refugees Ukraine unhcr Violence West Africa Winter World Refugee Day Yemen Youth
Popular News Stories
Sorry. No data so far.
Recent News Posts
- Unifor Social Justice Fund donates $50,000 to UNHCR for Rohingya refugees
- Mexican shelter provides safe space for Central Americans
- The world must not turn its back on the Syrian refugee crisis
- How Honduran street violence threatens children’s education
- Up to 15,000 newly arrived Rohingya refugees stranded at border